Established January 2009

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Brown Town



Today Andrea and I headed to Pocahontas County for the headwaters of a very well known river. We started downstream at about noon. After about a 40 minute hike, we started fishing. Andrea was using a panther martin and a rapala husky jerk and I was throwing the big streamers on my 7 weight. The day started out slow, but soon I moved a large 20'' plus brown on a double bunny. Not expecting it, I got excited and jerked it right out of its mouth. Shortly after, Andrea brought a brown to hand that was about 12''. She caught it on a husky jerk. Fishing was slow for a while after that and we decided to have a streamside lunch. After I finished my lunch, I decided to pick up her spin rod and throw the panther martin a time or two. First cast resulted in a brown that measured 18 and 3/4''. After releasing this trophy we headed back to the truck to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment