Established January 2009

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

For The First Time

My Father has been alot of places I haven't but today I took him somewhere he's never been. I took him to a quality wild trout stream smack dab in the middle of McDowell County. We left Hinton at about 10am with a stout wind and some rain. We decided to go anyways. When we arrived at the stream, the sun was slowly poking out and the temperature was on the rise. We rigged up and hit the water at 11:20am. I was fishing the ole faithfull #8 Olive Bead Head Wooly Bugger and I rigged Dad up the same way. The water was a little on the high side so we began fishing the pockets, eddies, and current breaks. I think Dad was a little skeptical about this creek's potential until I hooked and landed a chunk of a Brown Trout that was a solid 16". Soon Dad had his first hookup and he never stopped the rest of the day. He ended the day with 8 and I finished with 3. He said he would be back. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment