Established January 2009

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stick and String #2

Today I made it back to the tall maple tree with my bow in hand. I had watched the weather channel and the weather report was calling for snow tonight, so I assumed the deer would be up and feeding. The snow started flying about 4pm and by 6pm the deer were on their feet and moving. I noticed the first deer was a small yearling spike I had already passed on 2 times earlier this week, and then I noticed a nice yearling doe and decided she wouldnt get passed up. I patienty waited on a broadside shot and when the time was right, I released the arrow and it immediately passed high but through the spine and upper lung on the opposite side dropping the doe in her tracks. After a quick dressing I drug her to the nearest logging road and loaded her in the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment