Established January 2009

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October... The Time to Hunt







October arrived in Preston County with a horrible rain/wind/fog and a general disregard for any outdoor activity. October 1st was also the opening of the WV archery season. After an uneventful first week of not seeing much, I finally connected on a nice mature doe. The shot was made quickly as this doe and 3 yearlings came into my shooting lanes on the trot. Luckily for me, I was already standing and ready due to me having been busted by these same deer a day earlier. Today at 6:25 I was ready for another encounter and at 6:30 the doe and her yearlings trotted by at 25 yards. I couldnt have asked for a better shot as the Rage 2 blade punched through both of her lungs and she never made it more than 50 yards before piling up.

No comments:

Post a Comment