Established January 2009

Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Final Day



Today unfortunately marked the last of Spring Gobbler Season. It was open for 4 weeks and It started in the last week of April. This year, I really got a fire lit under me by being at the right spot at the right time with the right bird. I was fortunate enough to bag a nice 2 year old Gobbler on the first time I went out this season. I learned alot this season with every time I went afield. I hunted 2 days the first week, 2 days the second week, 3 days the third, and 1 day the last week. I set up on a total of 3 birds, saw a total of 7 turkeys with 6 of them being hens. The first light of each day in the Spring Turkey woods is a magical time filled with beautiful sights, sounds, and memorable experiences. I hate to see it go, but maybe it will give me something to look forward to during the winter. Enjoy a few pictures from this Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment