Established January 2009

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cloudy skies with a chance of spawning Brown Trout










Today, the Beav and I headed to a grade A #1 blue ribbon trout stream with the intent of finding some fall spawning Brown Trout showing their fall colors. We arrived at "The Spot" at about 7am and lined up the rods. We both started off with #16 Pheasant Tail nymphs and Olive Wooly Buggers. At the first hole, I hooked and landed one of the most beautiful Brown Trout Ive ever laid my eyes on. It didn't take Beaver long to hook up either, in fact his hook ups lasted all day. What can I say though, he's got 12 plus years experience fishing this stream. He knows it well and his experience and knowhow really showed that day. Now, I did hook and loose several more fish throught the day, but I was in picture mode so I snapped several pictures today. Beaver finished the day with over 10 fish and when you catch 10 or more on this river, you have recked house.

No comments:

Post a Comment