Established January 2009

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pennsylvania's Finest


Today Beaver and I left Preston County headed north for Centre County, PA and some of the finest Limestone influenced trout water I ever stepped foot into. After a little fiasco of buying our liscence at the local Wal-Mart, we finally made it to the water. Beaver said he was going to nymph fish and I decided to streamer fish. Almost immediately, I had moved 3 or 4 fish at the first hole only to lose them or fail to get a good hook set. Beaver quickly had moved and caught a couple of nice fish including a really nice rainbow. I finally hooked and landed a nice brown on a size 2 double bunny, and wouldn't you know it, I forgot my camera. Thanks Beav for the picture. Around lunch time, I switched the streamer rod for the nymph rod and shortly after that we went to check out a new section. Around 2pm, we came upon a really nice BWO hatch and I played catch up catching 7 more Browns. Again no camera. Around 5pm, we called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment