Established January 2009

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Brookie Walk






Since I have the free time to fish now that I am not hunting, I decided to check on some Brook Trout in the southern part of Preston County. When I woke up at 7:30am it was a chilly 30degrees and I elected to wait for a little more sunshine. I made it to the stream at around 11am. After gathering all my garb, I decided I would walk for atleast a half hour before begining to fish. I wound up walking a little farther before stringing up the bamboo and starting to fish. I started the day with a #14 Rubber Legged Royal Stimulator and I fished that fly all day. It wasn't long before I picked up a nice brookie in his fall colors near the tailout of a nice pool. After a quick photo I launched the stimulator towards the head of the pool. I noticed a bigger sized fish heading towards the fly and thought, "If this is a brookie, it would be the Brook Trout of my life". I quickly learned it was a hold over Rainbow Trout from the spring stockings. Again, I quickly took a picture and released the Rainbow. This suprising turnout of Rainbows continued on for the rest of the day, in fact, I ended the day with 5 Rainbows and only 3 Brook Trout. I did see a few more Brook Trout, but not as many as I had hoped. Around 3pm, I decided I had finshed what I had started, and called it a day.

2 comments:

  1. Hey man,

    Just wanted to let you know I really enjoy reading through your posts and looking through your beautiful pictures. This site is really top notch and I look forward to your entries. Congrats on a successful hunting season so far. Keep up the good work.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have some really beautiful streams on here! That little brookie is super pretty too.

    ReplyDelete