Established January 2009

Friday, January 2, 2009

A Cold Start to '09


JANUARY 2, 2009
I started 2009 off with what to some people may be a slow start. Accompanied by my 2 cousins Chris and Jason Mitchell, we headed for the headwaters of one of the longest rivers in WV and found ourselves in the wilds of Pocahontas County. We arrived to a halfway sunny day and a bit of a chill in the air. The water was a little on the low side but it was gin clear and beautiful. I strung up the 7 weight as I prepared to sling some big meaty streamers in search for a big brown. Chris and Jason were going to nymph fish and hopefull try and move a few fish as well. While we didn't move many fish we did see more than enough to make us want to make another trip when its a bit warmer. About halfway through the day, I hooked and landed one of the most beautiful wild Brown Trout that I have ever caught. I didnt pull the tape out but this fish was a solid 16inches. It made my day and my trip. As the day turned into evening, we heaed for the truck with not another fish landed and only 1 more hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment